Applications to exhibit at Welcome Gallery are now open! To apply, fill out this form and send a CV and three work samples to Elly (email@example.com). The deadline to submit a proposal is Sunday, June 4 at 11:59PM.
Welcome Gallery is a downtown art space that hosts monthly exhibits by local artists and curators. Located in Charlottesville, VA, Welcome Gallery has seen almost 9,000 visitors since opening in September 2015. For information about past exhibits, visit the Welcome Gallery page on our website.
We are currently accepting submissions for fall 2017-spring 2018 exhibits. All visual artists (printmakers, textile artists, painters, illustrators, etc.) are welcome to apply.
- Exhibiting artists and curators must be local to the Charlottesville area.
- Each artist must commit to not hosting a similar exhibit in Charlottesville 3 months prior to an opening at Welcome Gallery.
- Preference will be given to artists exhibiting new work.
- New City Arts does not exhibit explicit content. Offensive language, graphic nudity, and obscene violence are not permitted.
- Artists exhibiting multimedia installations involving projection and/or sound may be required to provide equipment necessary for installation.
- Artists receive 75% of all sales, and New City Arts receives a 25% commission on all work sold.
- Complete our online submission form.
- Submit a CV and 2 - 3 JPEG images of proposed work to Elly by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). In your email, please include "title, medium, dimensions in inches, and year" for each piece. In your CV, please include all past exhibitions and any future shows planned for the 2017 - 2018 year.
Deadline for applicants: Sunday, June 4 at 11:59PM. If you have questions about the guidelines or application process, email Elly (email@example.com) or call our office at 434-202-5277.
Interested in checking out the space or chatting in person? New City Arts staff will be available on Monday, May 22 from 4PM - 7 PM to answer any questions about the application process, gallery space, and exhibit info.